The HOBA Journal
The HELLENIC OPEN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION JOURNAL
AIMS AND SCOPE
The HELLENIC OPEN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Journal is published two times a year and focuses on applied and theoretical research in business Administration and economics.
The journal advances theory, research, and practice in business administration and economics (in its wider sense encompassing both private and public sector activities of profit-seeking ventures, as well as of governmental, private non-profit, and cooperative organisations) and provides a forum for academic debate on a variety of topics which are relevant to the journal’s central concerns, such as:
- Administration of Businesses and Organizations
- Public Administration and Policy
- Financial Management
- Total Quality Management
- Law and Administration
- European Business
- Tourism Business Administration
- Cultural Organisations Management
- Health Care Management
- Environmental Management
- Industrial Organization
- Economic Analysis and Policy
- Money and Capital Markets
- Quantitative Methods
- Labour Economics
The HELLENIC OPEN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Journal also publishes special issues. A special issue focuses on a specific topic of wider interest and significance, which is announced through relevant call for papers.
The journal was established in 2014 following the completion of the HELLENIC OPEN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION International Conference.
The HELLENIC OPEN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION Journal (The HOBA Journal) is published two times a year, in January and July. These two issues constitute one volume. One or more issues may focus on a specific topic of wider interest and significance, which is announced through relevant call for papers.
The editorial process at The HOBA Journal is a cooperative enterprise. Articles received are distributed to the Editor for a decision with respect to publication. All articles are first reviewed to be judged suitable for this journal. The Editor arranges for refereeing and accepts and rejects papers or, alternatively, forwards the papers to a member of the Board of Editors. The member of the Board of Editors, then, arranges for refereeing and accepts or rejects papers in an entirely decentralized process. In any case, each submission is sent to two referees for blind peer review and the final decision is based on the recommendations of the referees. The referees are academic specialists in the article’s field of coverage; members of the Board of Editors and/or members of the Editorial Advisory Board may act as referees in this process. Only when a paper is accepted for publication it is sent again to the Editor. Subsequently, the Editor sends the finally accepted paper to The HOBA Journal office for final editing and typesetting.
The Editor or the member of the Board of Editors who coordinates the decision with respect to publication of an article may send an article for refereeing to member(s) of the Editorial Advisory Board or cooperate with one or more of them to jointly assign referees who have some substantive knowledge of the topic and research in the relevant field and, finally, to jointly decide whether to accept or reject a paper.
The Editor, the members of the Editorial Board, and the members of the Editorial Advisory Board come from a breadth of fields designed to cover the largest substantive areas in economics and business administration from which we expect to receive submissions.
The above outlined co-editing process has major advantages. First, it is helpful in the assignment of referees and in the decision whether to publish a submission. Second, it avoids the apparent conflict of interest that results when an Editor handles a colleague’s article. As a general rule the Editor and the members of the Board of Editors never assign papers written by authors at the same institution.
Finally, it provides an efficient way to handle about 200 submissions annually.
The editorial structure and process is reviewed annually.
While the Journal seeks to publish papers, which are academically robust, hence the rigorous review process (double blind peer review), it also seeks to publish papers that communicate effectively. Papers eligible for publication should be interesting, well written and, therefore, readable papers that really contribute to the area of interest. Articles submitted should, therefore, keep technical jargon and statistical formulae within papers to a minimum and always aim to present material, however complex, simply and clearly.
As a forum, the Journal invites responses to articles that are published and is also willing to publish controversial articles to stimulate debate. To facilitate this, in addition to standard articles, the Journal also publishes “viewpoints” and “notes”. These are short papers (up to 2,000 words), that explore, or comment on, an issue in a way which is useful, interesting, worthwhile, relevant and, ideally, provocative.
It will contain book reviews, and review essays designed to bring relevant literatures to the attention of a wider readership.
For libraries subscribed to the Journal, all printing or photocopying fees or any royalty payments for multiple internal library use are waived. Special arrangements exist for subscribers in low-income countries.
All articles must be submitted in WORD format to: theHOBAjournal@gmail.com
Editor: Dimitrios A. Giannias, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
Associate Editors: Athanassios Mihiotis, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
Eleni Sfakianaki, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
Editorial Advisory Board:
- M. Suat AKSOY, ERCIYES UNIVERSITY KAYSERI, Turkey
- Charalambos Anthopoulos, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
- Christina Beneki, TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE OF IONIAN ISLANDS, Greece
- George Blanas, TECHNOLOGICAL EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTE OF THESSALY, Greece
- Chepurko Yuri, KUBAN STATE UNIVERSITY, Russia
- Tuncay Çelik, ERCIYES UNIVERSITY KAYSERI, Turkey
- Vida ČIULEVIČIENE, ALEKSANDRAS STULGINSKIS UNIVERSITY, Lithuania
- Bruno Eeckels, LES ROCHES INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, Switzerland
- Figus Alessandro, LINK CAMPUS UNIVERSITY & UNIVERSITY OF GENOVA, Italy
- George Filis, UNIVERSITY OF BOURNEMOUTH, UK
- George Gantzias, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
- Gbadebo Olusegun Odularu, FARA & YPARD, Ghana
- Apostolos Gerontas, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
- Mansi Godshi, UNIVERSITY OF BOURNEMOUTH, UK
- Hossein Hassani, UNIVERSITY OF BOURNEMOUTH, UK
- Woo Kok Hoong, UNIVERSITY TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN, Malaysia
- Dinh Tran Ngoc Huy, BANKING UNIVERSITY HCMC, Viet Nam & GSIM, INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF JAPAN, Japan
- Fadi Kattan, BETHLEHEM UNIVERSITY, Palestine
- Nadir Ali Kolachi, SKYLINE UNIVERSITY, U.A.E
- Maria Kontochristou, HELLENIC OPEN UNIVERSITY, Greece
- Tryfon Kostopoulos, PANTEION UNIVERSITY, Greece
- Fred KU, THE CHINESE UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, The People’s Republic of China
- Costas Leon, CEZAR RITZ COLLEGES, Switzerland
- Leonidas Maroudas, UNIVERSITY OF PATRAS, Greece
- Samuel, O. Masebinu, CERTIFIED INSTITUTE OF WAREHOUSING AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT,Nigeria
- John Marangos, UNIVERSITY OF MACEDONIA, Greece
- Vassilis Moustakis, TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF CRETE, Greece
- Ian Ndlovu, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, Zimbabwe
- Ravinder Rena, UNIVERSITY OF THE WESTERN CAPE, South Africa
- Yorgos Rizopoulos, UNIVERSITÉ PARIS DIDEROT, France
- Mihaela Simionescu, BUCHAREST UNIVERSITY OF ECONOMIC STUDIES, Romania
- Gianfranco Vento, REGENT'S UNIVERSITY, UK
- Muhammad Yameen, IQRA UNIVERSITY ISLAMABAD, Pakistan
- Vita Zarina, TURIBA UNIVERSITY, Latvia
- Andra Zvirbule-Berzina, LATVIA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, Latvia
The Hellenic Open Business Administration Journal is a printed journal.
The ISSN of The HOBA Journal is: 2407-9332.